Hon. Priscilla Nyokabi Kanyua was elected to serve as the Nyeri County Woman Member of the Kenya National Assembly (Nyeri County MP) during the 2013 General Election on the National Alliance Party ticket (TNA the President’s Party is part of the Jubilee Administration).
Hon. Nyokabi serves in the Committees of;
- Justice and Legal Affairs (Vice Chair),
- Budget and Appropriations Committee and House Business Committee,
- House Business Committee Member,
- Chairperson of Caucus 47 that brings together all forty seven County Women Representatives,
- Kenya Women Parliamentary Association (KEWOPA) Executive Committee Member,
- Catholic MPS Forum Member.
Before her election to Parliament, Hon. Nyokabi was the Executive Director of Kituo cha Sheria a Non-Governmental human rights and legal aid organization. Hon. Nyokabi also served as the Deputy Presiding Officer Eastern Africa in the African Union Permanent Assembly of the Civil Society (AU ECOSOC). She has served as a Media Council of Kenya Complaints Commissioner. Hon. Nyokabi was selected as a Top 40 under 40 Woman in 2010 and 2011.
Hon. Nyokabi holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree from the University of Nairobi and a Diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya. As a Parliamentarian Hon Nyokabi champions the issues of women and human rights and development. Hon Nyokabi enjoys travelling, reading, music, theatre and football in her limited free time. She is a Christian and a married mother of one.